Simplify. Refresh. Brighten.
With the official start of the early spring selling season at the end of January, now is the ideal time to get a head start preparing your home for sale – before the market gets saturated in April and May. Our basic tips detailed below will help you to stand out from the crowd and sell your home quickly and for top dollar.
Family Room Staged by PJ & Company Staging and Interior Decorating
We instantly brightened and updated this space by decluttering, replacing furniture, rug, lamps and other accents with fresh, modern styling.
- Declutter by removing anything that will distract buyers from seeing the unique features of your property.
- Depersonalize by packing up personal collections, family photos, newspapers, books, magazines, etc.
- Rearrange and put away excessive furniture pieces to make the room appear larger.
- If it’s been a while since the walls were painted, hide imperfections and outdated colors by repainting with a fresh coat of neutral colored paint.
- Remove old, soiled carpeting and replace with area rugs or hardwood flooring.
- Replace or refinish damaged and dull hardwood floors.
Dining Room Staged by PJ & Company Staging and Interior Decorating
To create a welcoming space for buyers, we decluttered, replaced heavy, dated window treatments and added stylish accents.
- Let in as much natural light and warmth as possible by opening curtains. Remove dated window treatments, clean and showcase the windows.
- Replace any light fixtures that are outdated and make sure all existing lights are working.
- Clean, dust, vacuum and deodorize so that all surfaces shine (consider hiring a professional cleaning service).
Happy 2017! We’re celebrating the New Year by announcing our
BRAND NEW REDESIGN PACKAGE
just in time for the early spring selling season that kicks off late January.
The PJ & Co team will help you stand out from the competition by redesigning the main rooms of your property in 1/2 a day. The service includes using your furnishings & accessories and supplementing with select items from our private inventory of merchandise. Cost is dependent upon size and scope of project.
For more info contact us at 203.640.3762 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Dining Room & Living Room Redesigned by PJ & Company Staging and Interior Decorating
Homeowners thinking of selling will benefit from staging and updating their home BEFORE it goes on the market. This checklist will help you prepare your home for sale to attract potential buyers and can help get your home sold quickly and for top dollar!
Tour your home with a critical eye inside and out. Stand in the doorway of each room to see it from the buyer’s perspective. Updates should be completed before your Realtor® takes photos, as buyers will see the property first online.
- Consider getting a home inspection to resolve any major issues buyers will uncover and leverage to negotiate a lower sales price.
- Invite an accredited stager to evaluate your home’s features and recommend updates today’s younger buyers expect.
- Make necessary repairs throughout the home. Even minor issues will distract buyers.
- Consider low cost renovations in key rooms like kitchens and baths.
- If you’ll be moving out before your home is listed, arrange to rent furniture. Vacant homes look smaller to buyers and take longer to sell – with furnished homes typically spending 78% less time on the market than a vacant home.
Clean, Declutter, and DePersonalize
Buyers will be distracted by clutter or personal belongings. Determine what you can live without while your home is on the market to help buyers envision themselves living in the home.
- Clean windows, carpets, and flooring.
- Begin packing extra decorative items and collectibles.
- Consider renting a storage unit. Cluttered basements or garages indicate to buyers the home doesn’t have enough storage.
- Reduce the number of personal photos and paintings in every room.
- Clear off your dining table and add a simple centerpiece or candles.
- Make sure closet doors open smoothly and interiors are decluttered, neat and organized.
- Remove personal items and small appliances in kitchens and baths to show off counter space.
- Hold a yard sale, consign, or donate items you don’t plan to bring to your new home.
Make A Good First Impression
When selling a home what’s on the outside counts! From the moment a buyer pulls up, they’ll establish an opinion about your home.
- Brighten the exterior of the home with a fresh new coat of paint on the front door.
- Rent a power washer to clean off siding, decks, and patios.
- Create an inviting entry with a new mailbox, more visible house numbers, a new welcome mat or fresh planters.
- Clean up all debris winter storms left behind, including clogged gutters.
- Prune overgrown shrubs and freshen up flower beds with new mulch or annuals.
- Don’t forget the backyard including any decks, pool, or patio!
Before An Open House or Showing
Once you’ve made the necessary updates and changes to your home, you’ll need to maintain the home for any open houses or showings.
- Make sure the kitchen sink is empty – no dirty dishes!
- Empty all garbage and put in outdoor garbage cans to reduce odors.
- Make all the beds and clear personal items off the nightstands.
- Make sure laundry is out of sight.
- Turn on the lights and open the windows and curtains to let in more natural light.
- Tuck toiletries in the bathroom out of sight and hang fresh towels. Leave a simple bottle of fresh hand soap on the counter.
- Maintain the home’s exterior.
Going through your home with this checklist step by step will help you prepare and maintain your home to meet today’s buyer expectations and can help get your property sold quickly and for top dollar.