A great way to add personality and warmth to your spaces is with artwork but sometimes the hanging and arranging can be a challenge. Check out some of our go-to guidelines to simplify the process and help you achieve the right overall balance for a well-designed room. Happy hanging!
(Click here for downloadable PDF for future reference)
- Artwork arrangement should span approximately 2/3 the width of the furniture it sits above.
- Treat multiple pieces as one.
- Keep height at eye level, roughly 60” from the center of the grouping to the floor which will create balance throughout the home if all the art shares the same visual midline.
- Leave 2-5” between each frame for spacing.
- Use craft paper and low-adhesive tape for figuring out arrangement and nail placement.
Photo Sources: Pinterest
For a large gallery wall with multiple types of styles, frames and sizes, try hanging larger pieces at the bottom left, small pieces in the upper right and mid-sized pieces in between for a unique look. Or start with the largest piece in the center as a focal point and arrange around it.